Special.tv Community Guidelines
Last Updated: September 2, 2021
These community guidelines (these “Guidelines”) are subject to, and incorporated by reference in, the Special Terms of Service located here (the “Terms”). These Guidelines are deemed part of the Acceptable Use Policy in the Terms. Capitalized terms not defined in these Guidelines will have the meanings set forth in the Terms.
To facilitate community engagement, we recently launched a set of community features on the Services. These community features include the ability to interact with certain other Audience Members and the applicable Creator in conversations within certain Creator Channels by posting comments (in plain text form) and/or by reacting to existing comments through one or more of a set of emojis (collectively, the “Community Features”). In order to use the Community Features, subject to the applicable Creator’s enablement thereof and the terms and conditions set forth herein, whether an Audience Member and/or Creator, a user must first (1) accept the then-current version of these Guidelines, (2) subscribe to the applicable Creator Channel, and (3) accept any rules specified therein by the applicable Creator (“Creator Rules”).
To ensure that the Services enable users to feel safe and free to engage with the community, we have developed these Guidelines that all users must follow in order to use the Community Features. Within these Guidelines, it is our intention to be as straightforward and transparent as possible to explain, and to ensure that all users understand, what is and is not allowed when using the Community Features. Should you have questions about these Guidelines, please contact Special's Support team at email@example.com.
Here are some rules for interacting with others via the Community Features:
- Do not organize, participate in, or encourage harassment of others. Disagreements happen and are normal, but continuous, repetitive, or severe negative comments may cross the line into harassment and are not okay.
- Do not organize, promote, or coordinate conversations around hate speech. It is unacceptable to attack a person or a community based on attributes such as their race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, or disabilities.
- Do not make threats of violence or threaten to harm others. This includes indirect threats, as well as sharing or threatening to share someone’s private personal information (also known as “doxing”).
- Do not send viruses or malware to others, and do not attempt to phish, hack, or DDoS others.
Here are some rules for User Content on the Services (which are in addition to, and not in lieu of, the Content Policy):
- You may not share content or links that glorify or promote suicide or self-harm, including any encouragement to others to cut themselves, or embrace eating disorders such as anorexia or bulimia.
- You may not use the Services for the organization, promotion, or support of violent extremism.
- You may not operate or otherwise use a Creator Channel or the Community Features to sell or facilitate the sale of prohibited or potentially dangerous goods. This includes firearms, ammunition, drugs, and controlled substances.
- You may not promote, distribute, or provide access to content or links involving the hacking, cracking, or distribution of pirated software or stolen accounts. This includes sharing or selling cheats or hacks that may negatively affect others in multiplayer games.
- In general, you should not promote, encourage, or engage in any illegal behavior. This is very likely to get you kicked off the Services, and may get you reported to law enforcement.
- You may not sell your account.
- You may not use self-bots or user-bots to access the Services.
- You may not spam Special, especially our Support team. Making false and/or malicious reports, sending multiple reports about the same issue, or asking a group of users to all report the same content, may lead to action being taken on your account.
If you see any activity or content that you believe does not comply with these Guidelines, the Content Policy, and/or the applicable Creator Rules, please report it to us by filling out this form.